Saturday, April 30, 2011
#1437 ... Coco's at the Roxy
The Capital Theatre was purpose built in 1928 to screen silent films. In 1932 the cinema was converted to screen 'talkies' making it the last theatre in Wellington to do so. The cinema operated throughout the 30s through to the early 60s, with the last film being screened in 1964. The building was then converted to the Capital Court, a shopping mall with a variety of small businesses operating.