Thursday, March 10, 2011

#1386 ... A high flying job !!


This is photographer Rumi's story ... all about being at the right spot at the right time ... BUT only for a moment.

"Yesterday, I heard the WestPac rescue helicopter very close to my home ... two guys dangling from the bungy cord so I thought they were trying to rescue someone. I grabbed my camera, the 300mm lens, but they kept hovering over the bush and nothing exciting happened for about ten minutes.

Then all of a sudden they started to fly closer to the Transmission Wires from Belmont Hills to Melling Substation. So looks like two Transpower Contractors doing some maintenance work on high-voltage lines ... What a Job !!!

I was lucky to get this picture. They were in-and-out of doing whatever they had to do to that power transmission wire in less than 30 seconds. !!!"

THANKS RUMI

No comments: